Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Managing Hypertension

I have looked up so many things on managing hypertension. I have looked up foods, drinks, medicines - you name it. It seems that my Blood Pressure is usually 140/90. Not the best. But not the worst, either. Over the past few months, I have been trying to analyze my behavior, and how it changes in relation to my BP spikes.

I would notice that I would get uncontrollably irritable on occasion, and it seemed to be related to spiking blood pressure. My worst BP reading was 158/110, which isn't THAT bad overall - but that's only when I looked at the overall picture. If you break down the numbers, you have your "systolic/maximum" and your "diastolic/minimum" pressure. High Blood Pressure can damage your arteries. We will touch more on nutrition that can help strengthen your capillaries and blood vessels. Managing high blood pressure is a lot more than reducing sodium. It is adapting a diet that manages your circulatory system.

Check out these links for some more information on Hypertension:

Foods to help control High Blood Pressure

http://www.healthcentral.com/high-blood-pressure/c/35150/27625/eating

Foods that strengthen Capillaries and your Circulatory system:

http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/strengthen-capillary-walls.html


More coming!! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment