Sunday, October 24, 2010

For the Writers out there


There are some of you out there that are writers. Or maybe you are thinking about writing. Here is what I can say to that: go ahead and write. I write - but not nearly as much as I would like. When I don't write, I can become a bear to live with. Those close to me can attest to that. But when I do write, my perspective changes.

Sometimes the words flow, and pages mount as my excitement grows. Other days, I struggle to complete a paragraph. And still some days, I don't write at all, and merely experience life. But one thing I know is sure: writing brings me happiness.

Those of you out there who want to write, go ahead and do it. It might make you happy.

Sometimes I wonder, and think about what others have told me - telling me, you need to write this, and you need to write that, but I can only write what comes to me at that particular moment in time, and I can only write what I want to write. So, in essence, I believe that I am writing for myself. And that's when my writing is probably at its best.

It should be the same for you. Don't hesitate. Start a blog. Start a novel. Write some short stories or poetry.

Join a writers group.

And write what you want to write. Write for yourself. And maybe, one day, someone will notice. And maybe, one day, you will get that book on the shelf.

Or, in these days, that e-book that someone can put on their Kindle.




No comments:

Post a Comment