Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eat, Live, Write...

Eat. Live. Write.

That is what this blog is about.

Some of you may have surfed on in here looking at foods and nutrition. Others may have been to my website, www.almengel.com and read some of my writing. And still some may just like Dogs. So this blog, right now, is a little immature. It's still finding its way. So I ask you to bear with me, to come along for the ride, and to see what this blog will really be about.

There really isn't much of a focus right now, but I can tell you that it will contain useful information about diets, metabolic disorders, and eating to live, and live healthily and well.

I am an adult living with a metabolic disorder known as "PKU". The long word is Phenylketonuria, but we'll just call it PKU. I have put together this blog with the intentions of sharing my knowledge, not only of PKU, but also about eating to live.

PKU is such a restrictive diet that the afflicted cannot eat any animal products. That encompasses quite a lot of foods, and because of that, I am always aware of what I am putting into my mouth. And now, that I am no longer a young 'un, I also look at other things like CALORIES, and SATURATED FAT...and SODIUM.

Sodium is the big one, next to the animal products. I have high blood pressure. It runs in the family. So expect quite a bit on foods that will help combat that, strengthen the circulatory system, etc.

I've done the research, and I have lived my life counting and measuring. And I would be happy to share my knowledge.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. There is SO much new research about foods that are good for each individual, that I am really looking forward to people sharing their actual experiences and the results - as well as the recipes! By the way, do dogs see in black and white? And how about cats? Medford

    ReplyDelete